Increasing Employment Opportunities for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders with Disabilities
Participants at the closing dinner for Disability Mentoring Day on October 21, 2005.
The Center builds technical assistance capacity through the participation of partners formalized within a National Advisory Board and four National Technical Assistance Networks (see listing of Collaborators).
NTAC-AAPI Mission Statement
- To develop a National Technical Assistance Center that will increase employment opportunities for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders with disabilities nationwide, in both rural and urban areas.
- To develop and provide technical assistance that will result in increased, culturally relevant vocational rehabilitation services for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders with disabilities.
- To respond to the changing needs for technical assistance by the population being served.
- Establish collaborative linkages for strategic planning, technical assistance, training, outreach and service delivery, and dissemination.
- Identify solutions to barriers for AAPI access and participation in VR process
- Provide information to employers and industry organizations
- Provide culturally and linguistically relevant training on legal provisions
- Provide educational and vocational outreach to AAPIs with disabilities
- Assist stakeholders to better understand related issues
- Develop a corps of AAPI leaders with disabilities